Sunday, October 7, 2012

disneyland

( BEWARE : picture overload! )


I can't begin to express how great California was! I loved every minute of being in the warm, sunny, beautiful California. Even though it was extremely hot there, it was a great break from "life", and a fun time to spend with some family.

Our drive down was pretty good. Chris drove while I read my book for one of my classes. We stopped in Primm, which is a very interesting place to stay, haha. But we arrived in sunny New Port Beach in the late afternoon. We explored the resort while the grandparents checked in. It wasn't right on the beach, but it had a beautiful view of the coast. It was a really nice place!

Later that night we had the go check in for the ticket deal we got, so Chris, my cousins, aunt & uncle, and I all went to Disneyland for the night where we hit up a bunch of rides. We were so excited to be there, and especially during the Halloween time!


We spent a relaxing day on Sunday at the hotel so that I could finish homework, and not worry about it for the week - side note : I can't WAIT to be done with homework...2 months people, 2 months!. On Monday we spent all day in Disneyland. Chris and I did a cool Halloween tour, which took us to the front of the line on all the main rides that have something to do with Halloween.

Tuesday we went to the pool at the resort, and then we hit up one of the beaches close by. The weather was beautiful and we were able to get some great sun! I don't know what it is, but there's something about California that I love. I just can't get enough of the coast, and the sounds of the ocean. Every time  I'm there, I'm never there long enough!

Wednesday we hit up California Adventure. I love this park, especially now that it has Cars Land! What an amazing place. Oh my goodness. I can't get over how amazing they made this place look. It was packed, go figure, but we were able to get on every ride, and walk through every inch of that place. I got a picture with Mater too!! He's my favorite for those of you that don't know.


Chris and I went on the Radiator Racers, which is the car racing one, about 4 times. We loved it! The technology of the ride was so advanced, I've never seen anything like it. I loved every minute of it! The racing is so fun at the end. I didn't want to leave this place, it was so fun, but we explored the rest of the park and had a blast. I also FINALLY beat Chris at the Toy Story Mania ride. This is a big deal people seeing that it's taken me about 2 years to do this. Plus, we took my grandpa with us, who was in a wheelchair, and we got access to all the rides ooober fast!

Thursday we went down to my favorite area - Capistrano / San Clemente, to spend a day at the beach. Before that though, we stopped at the Rainbow store and met up with one of my aunt's and cousins, which was so fun! It was so good to see them, and to rave over our beloved Rainbow shoes. Just love them. After the Rainbow store, we drove through Pedro's Tacos, another favorite, and grabbed some yummy tacos for lunch, then we headed to the beach! It was so beautiful and we were able to watch a ton of surfers in the water. 


Friday we went back to Disneyland / California Adventures, and hit up all the rides that we want to go on one last time. It was so sad to leave, but we had such a good time! I loved being able to go with my cousins and share in their excitement in every ride, and every character meeting. It made me so excited for the day that we will take our own children to experience this magical place!

What a great birthday trip this was, and I am so grateful my husband is so awesome, and planned this for me! I'm one lucky girl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment