Sunday, April 28, 2013

baby update #2 : 14 weeks

Another two weeks has come and gone!  Crazy to think how quickly this time is flying.  Although, sometimes it sure doesn't feel that way!  

Prego Highlights

(not sure if this really is my baby bump, or if it's mostly bloating...I don't feel that large!)

How far along : 14 weeks and 4 days

Size of baby : a lemon

What's developing this week : Bambino's wiggling even though I can't feel it yet (darnit!), it's sucking it thumb, kidney's are making urine, and it's liver and spleen are doing their jobs as well.  It's also growing hair all over to keep it warm.

Cravings / Aversions :  Same as before - no burgers, teriyaki stuff, etc.

Saltiness = goodness for me!

Oh man I have craved anything salty.  Goldfish, onion rings, chips, you name it.  As long as it has salt on it I want it!  Crazy how good that stuff tastes to me right now. Oh and orange juice - love the stuff, but I also feel like it makes the baby go crazy because after I drink I feel like I have butterflies...still not sure if that really is baby or not...?

I've started to notice that I have a hard time with meat, specifically chicken right now.  Not sure if it just hasn't tasted good at the time of eating it, or if it really is an aversion?  Still trying to figure this one out!

Symptoms : My nausea has gone way down in the last two weeks.  I'll still have my nights, but overall I seem to be doing a lot better than I was before.  I feel like it gets later in the night when it hits, which is nice.  I can get more done this way!  Still tired after a day of work (but who isn't?), and have to rest when I get home.  My headaches are present just about every day.  They usually only last a little while where I don't have to take any medication for it.  Something else I've started to notice is I'm getting lower back aches.  Usually while I'm at work because I don't have good support while sitting in my chair, but also after I've been doing some cleaning.  I have also experienced a little round ligament pain, and can definitely feel my stomach stretching as it makes room for baby! Oh and some heartburn, but not as bad as I thought it would be!

Prego Funnies :  Still have no brain...haha.  This week at work one of my friends did the string and pencil trick on me and all the other prego ladies here to tell us the gender of all of our children.  Chris and I have been pretty convinced that we are having a boy, but according to this pencil trick, we are have a girl, then a boy, then a girl again, and then another boy.  The crazy part of it all was when this trick was done on both Chris and I, the results matched up exactly.  Kinda crazy!  It will be really funny if come 20 weeks I'm prego with a girl and not a boy.  I gotta start changing my mind set, and think girly thoughts!  

Special Moments : possibly feeling the baby move around...?  I think it's too early, but who knows!

Starting the whole research stage...if anybody has any thoughts on what's good baby product wise, send it my way!  I would love to get some ideas so I know what to register for when that times comes.

2 comments:

  1. that is definitely a baby bump! you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, orange juice makes the baby go crazy. (They tell you to drink orange juice before your ultra sound so they are nice and awake) For me, blue Powerade is what made Kayden go crazy. As for products, I have really been grateful for two things so far: 1. Gas Relief drops. Kayden has MAJOR gas and it gets trapped in his tummy sometimes. (So sad!) 2. There is a strap I use on my diaper bag that has been amazing! It is made by Go Gaga and it is specifically made so that it doesn't dig into your shoulder when you have the bag on. http://www.gogagalife.com/products.html We got my strap on Amazon for a little over $20.00

    ReplyDelete