Sunday, May 26, 2013

baby update #4 : 18 weeks


Prego Highlights


How far along : 18 weeks and 4 days

Size of baby : a sweet potato or green pepper (whichever you choose!)

What's developing this week : Bambino is yawning, hiccuping, twisting and turning - still haven't been able to feel it, or at least know that I'm feeling it (maybe?).  It's also got bones and fingerprints!

Wedding ring on or off? : On (and still fitting loosely)

Belly button in or out? : In

Maternity clothes? : Still in my normal clothes, although I am down to only a few pairs of jeans, and some of my shirts are getting a bit snug.  I bought my first maternity shirt yesterday and can't wait to wear it!

Cravings / Aversions :  Still same as before - no burgers, teriyaki stuff, etc. - but I also don't want to risk it because I love them so!  Also, I've found that anything with garlic is not a friend to me...makes me feel sick!

Saltiness is still good for me. Yum!  I'm still having a hard time with just plain cooked/grilled chicken...blah.  Although, I have been big on just plain breaded chicken sandwiches with lots of mayo...weird I know.  Maybe it's the saltiness of it??  But boy, oh boy is it yummy!!  Also, I finally opened my jar of pickles the other day! Pretty sure I ate all of them...not in one sitting though! But my favorite thing right now is a pickle wrapped in a piece of cheese...haha

Symptoms : My nausea is pretty much gone.  YAY!!  There are only a few late, late nights where it's present, and if I've eaten something that just doesn't sit right.  But I am SO happy this phase is finally over.  That is the one part of being pregnant that I have not liked.

I've also been experiencing some crazy heartburn that kills!  I haven't figured out what foods give it to me yet, but man it's not fun.  I need to have some Tum's on hand!

Another thing...my sciatic nerve...holy cow!!  It feels like I have a HUGE knot in my left butt cheek.  Sorry if that's TMI, but I've learned that with pregnancy there's nothing that's TMI.  But I'll spare you the other things that probably are :)

Prego Funnies :  I'm starting to waddle...!  Not all the time, but when I'm really full, or I have to pee, or my sciatic nerve is acting up, I waddle.  Chris thinks it's pretty entertaining!

Special Moments : I want to say I'm pretty sure I felt the baby elbow me the other day.  It was a sharp "pain", but it didn't hurt at all.  I don't want to bank on knowing that was it, but it was a different feeling somewhat in the middle of where baby is...so I'm thinking there was a pretty good chance that that's what I felt!  I can't wait for the day when Bambio is moving non stop (or at least enough for me to definitely feel)!

We get to find out in about a week if we are having a

BOY or a GIRL 

Cast your votes now!!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! After halfway symptoms start getting better, but then it starts getting uncomfortable as you get bigger. 2nd trimester is definitely the best though with feeling baby move and not being so sick or huge! The gender ultrasound is so exciting too because you can see so much! As for boy or girl... I'm going to guess girl!

    ReplyDelete