Friday, May 17, 2013

harry potter butter beer recipe

I know this is WAY over due, and I have had some people beg me to put this recipe on my blog.  So sorry it's taken this long, but alas here it is....!

Many of you who follow me on instagram will know that about a month ago, or so, we had Chris's little brother, Drew, over for a Harry Potter sleepover night.  It was so fun to have him with us, and to watch something we all love, aka Harry Potter.

While looking forward to this epic night, I searched and searched for the closest recipe to the butter beer that's found in Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Orlando.  Chris and I could NOT get enough of that delicious frozen butter beer, and I knew I had to find a way to remake it.

I finally was able to find something that was practically identical to the real thing.  Here it is:


Harry Potter's Frozen Butter Beer

2  2 Liters of Cream Soda (any brand will work)
1 small carton of Heavy Whipping Cream
 1 jar of Butterscotch topping

1. Take one of the cream soda liters and pour into a large tupperware container that will fit into your freezer. Place in your freezer uncovered.  Stir the cream soda every 30 minutes to break up any chunks.  You want to make sure that it's slushy, and not frozen solid :)  You will want to do this for about 2 hours, or until the cream soda has reached the frozen consistency that you desire.
2.  When your cream soda is close to being done, pour your heavy whipping cream into a chilled metal bowl and mix until it becomes light.  As it's stirring, add as much Butterscotch topping as you want.  I tasted it until  I could taste butterscotch, which was about half of the jar.
3.  When the cream soda is ready, pour into a glass, and use the second cream soda liter to add some more to your glass (if wanted).  Then top with your Butterscotch whipped cream, and drizzle some more Butterscotch on top for added flavor.  Enjoy!

There you have it folks!  Hope you enjoy it.  It's best consumed while watching a Harry Potter movie of your choice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment