Monday, May 13, 2013

mother's day

Mother's Day was so fun this year!  I didn't even think that I would get to celebrate it, but I guess being pregnant automatically puts you in the ranks of being a mother.  I felt so honored to be considered a mom already!  It's crazy to think that I will be a legit mom in less than 6 months...am I ready!?!

To celebrate this wonderful weekend, we actually started a bit early...

Back story : We sold our truck back in March knowing that it wouldn't be a car that we could use with a baby, so we were in the market for a new car that I could use that was a lot safer and not 15 years old.  Betty Sue (my '98 Honda Civic) is a great car, but we don't know how much longer it will last, or how safe it really is to have a new baby in it.

So we started our long haul of car research....

For a good month we looked and what type of car we wanted, and the features that were important to us.  After searching high and low, we decided to look at possibly getting a new car.  We looked at our options and saw that the monthly payments were about $20 more than what they would be if we were to get a used car.  So we decided that that's what we were going to do.  It felt right, and we knew that it was something we would be able to afford even after baby comes and I stop/slow down on working.

Last Monday we were trying to decide between the Nissan Altima and the Honda Accord.  Both were exact same price, and came with pretty much the same features.  It was just up to me to decide which one I liked better.  I ultimate chose the Honda Accord because I just love Honda's :)

Chris and I discussed that it was going to be something that we wouldn't be getting for a few months, which I was totally fine with.  It was just nice to finally decide on what we knew was going to be best for our family.  

Later that night, Chris left for class, and I relaxed at home waiting for him to get back so that we could run to Target.  When he got home, we got ready to leave and he opened the door...to my surprise this was sitting in the driveway:


I was SO shocked I didn't even know how to react!  I don't think I gave him the reaction he was looking for, but I was so surprised I didn't know what to do!!  Throughout the night though I gave little squeals of excitement here and there, and I kept saying how I couldn't believe he got the car!  Needless to say, it's was quite the Mother's Day surprise, and we are LOVING it!!

Yesterday was a great Mother's Day though.  My sister, Maren, was in town, and we were able to Skype with our Mom for a bit to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.  It's always fun to be able to see her face and talk to her.  My Mom is a champion.  She has done so much for me, and I am so grateful for her example and love.  I only hope I can be at least half the mother she was, and is to me!


Chris and I were able to spend the night with his Mom, family, and Grandparents.  We had such a great time!  We grilled some yummy steaks, and had a great time visiting with everyone.  It's so fun for us to have people over to our house, and to be able to enjoy their company.  Thank you Kelly for all you've done for Chris and I!  You are a great mother :)

Overall I would say that it was a WONDERFUL Mother's Day week/weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That is quite the Mother’s Day gift! I wish someone would surprise me with a car one of these days. :)

    The car looks great! Sometimes it’s really better to get a brand new car, especially if you’re planning to keep it for the long haul. At least it’s future-proofed, in a way, and cars seldom develop new technology anyways.

    Ava Harness

    ReplyDelete