Our sweet baby boy is one month old today! I can't believe how quickly this time has flown by. Parker has definitely kept us busy these past few weeks - hence the reason I haven't blogged in forever.
weighs : 6 lbs. 5 oz. (he's had a bit of a weight issue...more to come on that)
length : 20 inches
- He loves his hands up by his face. We have to put gloves on him so he doesn't scratch himself. At night I'll sometimes put him in a sleep sack that pretty much resembles a straight jacket, but he will get mad at me because I pin his arms down so he can actually sleep.
- He LOVES his soothie binkie from the hospital, and will not take any others yet.
- He hates being exposed in any way. He will just cry and cry whenever we have to change his diaper or clothes, and when we have to give him a bath. It's funny and cute, but a little sad at the same time.
- He still sleeps a lot, but has long stretches of the day where he's awake.
- Loves to be held, and snuggled all the time - I can't get enough of this yet.
- He has the cutest faces while he's asleep.
- He likes to be in his swing when he's not being held.
- He loves having soft blankets on his face. When he's fussy I'll wrap him up in this and put part of the blanket on his face and it calms him down.
We have loved having our little boy in our house. He's brought so much joy to our lives already, and he practically sleeps all the time. We can't wait to see what he'll be like as he continues to grow.
Speaking of growing, our poor little boy isn't retaining or gaining any weight. He's lower than his birth weight, and we can't figure out why. He had to get some blood work done the other day - hardest day as a mom so far..., but everything came back clear. We are hoping this is just a funk that he's in. We've had to supplement each feeding with some formula. Crossing fingers that he's back up to his birth weight tomorrow, or else he might have to go to the hospital for more testing. I don't know if I can stand that!!