Tuesday, October 4, 2011

oh boy...life is busy!

Oh brother it's been so long since I've blogged! I guess that's what happens when school starts and all we do is go to school and work every day. Just the same over and over. My oh my!

Life has been busy.
Busy.
Busy!

The last time I'm posted, it was about September 11, and the post before that was on my birthday festivities. So nothing really about married life with Chris and I. Well, here's what we've been up to lately:

School started over a month ago and so far it's been going pretty good. Chris is enjoying his two class on campus and his other classes online, while I've got 4 classes on campus. I am sort of bitter at the fact that since transferring to UVU, I've had to re-due some of my classes. Yeah, not happy about that. So I one art class that I'm basically taking again - all because the art classes I took at BYU-Idaho transferred as "other"classes at UVU - annoying. So annoying. The worst one is Math. I don't like Math very much. I'm not that great at it, and I was excited to have gotten it done at BYU-Idaho. Little to my knowledge the class that I took doesn't count as college algebra and even though I have an Associates Degree, it doesn't count. I just wish I could take only art classes. 

I will say though that Chris and I are in an Ethics and Values class and we really enjoy it! It's like a big debate for 2 hours. The teacher we have is really chill too. Barely any homework, and class is great. Plus it's fun taking a class with my hubby :)

Chris and I got a calling in our ward. We are Primary substitute teachers. So far we've only had to step in once. It'll be an interesting calling that's for sure! The sunbeams sure are cute though.

Our downstairs neighbors are still playing their music really loud. Most of the time they have been good, but the times that they are really loud ironically end up being Sunday's and when I sit down to do my homework after work. Who knew? I'm still hoping they get kicked out one day soon, although that will never happen because the apartment people want their money, so oh well...

It's finally Fall! I'm so excited. I love Fall. I love the leaves changing colors, and the colder air that welcomes jackets, scarves, boots, and hot chocolate. I love, love, love this time!! Also, we are into my favorite month, October. It's full of Halloween fun and pumpkins. Oh I can't wait to carve a pumpkin and out it in our house - if placed outside, it will probably get destroyed by the stupid people that live around us...

One change is that for the past week I've been using this app on my phone that I love that I found out from my friend Melanie! It's called My Fitness Pal. It helps me keep track of everything that I've eaten in one day. It's funny oh once you start actually keeping track of what you eat in a day, how easy it is to over eat. Chris and I are doing this together in hopes that we can shed some pounds before the holiday pounds get added on! It's been really exciting for me to input my foods and see my progress each day though. I highly recommend this app!

Well, other than all of that life is going really well. Chris and I are hitting our 6 month anniversary on Friday. Can you believe it!? We've already been married for half a year. It's crazy how fast time is flying. To celebrate, we are going down to St. George to stay with his grandparents and to see The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn Theather in St. George. I am so excited!!! I've heard this show was amazing and I begged Chris to let us go. What a sweetheart he is to let me fulfill a Disney dream :)

I'll make sure to post some pictures and how the show was while relaxing by the pool!


No comments:

Post a Comment