Thursday, November 24, 2011

happy thanksgiving!



happy thanksgiving!! 
This is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate for many reasons, but this year I am so grateful to be celebrating it with my family in Minnesota! I usually don't come home for Thanksgiving because
Christmas is right around the corner, but since this year was my parents year, we came out.

Today was so great! The weather was beautiful and warm, which is something I haven't seen in forever. I was the first one up this morning. I made sure I was up in enough time to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I honestly don't remember the last time I woke up on time to watch the start of it. I was determined this year to make sure I saw it!

We also went to our traditional Thanksgiving Day movie. This year we saw The Muppet Movie. It was actually pretty good! Chris and I sure laughed quite a bit, and we were surprised by all the big actors that were in the movie. Our favorites were Marshall and Barney from How I Met Your Mother, and of course Jim Halpert from The Office.

After the movie it was cookin' time! The turkey was almost done and the rest of the sides needed to be cooked. Also, this year I decided to make an apple pie! My first pie. I decided to take the easy route and get a pre-made crust. Next pie I will attempt the homemade crust.

Everything was so yummy!! I love my Mom's cooking, especially when it comes to the holidays. I hope that one day I am as good of a cook as she is.

My pie turned out so yummy though! My first pie was a success!!
Just take a look



So since it is Thanksgiving, I do want to list a few of the things I am most grateful for.

- my wonderful husband
- my temple marriage
- mine and chris's families that love and support us
- my job
- most of all though, my Savior, Jesus Christ



No comments:

Post a Comment