Friday, November 11, 2011

harry potter night review

Ok, I know I said I would post later that night when we has our 11-11-11 celebration with Harry Potter, but life got the best of me and I wasn't able to! But needless to say, our party was great! Everything turned out pretty good. Warning though, everything is really, really sweet, but yummy. Melanie made some really good butter beer cupcakes, which turned
out amazingly delicious! 


I have to be honest and say that I was really nervous to make the butter beer. I didn't want it to burn! Whenever I make something with sugar and have to let it boil it makes me really nervous...but it was way easier than I thought! Things turned out great and the butter beer actually tasted better than I thought it would! If you're interested in what recipe I used click here and enjoy!

My only word of advice, add less of the butter syrup mix to and more cream soda if you aren't
a big sweet tooth person, otherwise it will be very sweet to the taste!

I have to say though, I felt like such a grandma while watching the 2 movies together! I was so tired and was seriously ready to go to bed after the first part was done. Haha. I don't know what
my problem is! But it helped as soon as I got some butterbeer in me :)





This is definitely something we will do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment