Saturday, February 16, 2013

valentines in the mcnulty household

We had a great night in our house for Valentine's.  It was really low key, and we spent hardly any money.  Chris surprised me that morning by decorating my desk as so...


He always spoils me with sweet surprises!  That valentine that he made was truly amazing!

After work we went home, and Chris cooked a great dinner using the dutch oven we got from his Dad for Christmas.  He insisted that he cook everything on his own, but with my supervision and help.  He did a very good job, and made us a really yummy dinner that we ate by candlelight.  


He's such a good husband, and I'm one lucky girl to have him in my life.

After dinner we watched the Valentine's episode of Modern Family since we didn't get to see it the night before, and then we popped in Skyfall.  Bummer part about that was our Bluray player wouldn't play the Bluray DVD of Skyfall...we were a bit upset, but put on the normal DVD instead, and watched it anyways.  
Overall it was a great night, and we didn't need to spend a lot of money to have it!


Here are some of my decorations since I didn't post them earlier on the blog :





And now here's a special treat for you all : 

Valentine's Heart Wreath

I know it's past Valentines now, but I still wanted to share how I made my Valentine's Heart Wreath.  
It really didn't take long at all, and it was super simple to make.  Even a non-crafter could do it!
  
Here's what you need :

- One foam heart (I got mine from Joann's and used a coupon, is it was like $2)
- 12 to 16 sheets of red (or pink) felt (at Hobby Lobby these are 4 for $1 - the amount is based on how closely you pin the circles onto the foam heart)
- Straight pins, or flat head pins
- A cup with a 2-3 inch diameter
- a pen


Step 1 - Take the cup, and your pen, and trace enough circles to fill the sheets of felt.  

Step 2 - Cut the circles out of felt.  I found it easier to do two sheets of felt at a time.  It makes this step go a lot faster.

Step 3 - Fold the circle in half (photo on the left).

Step 4 - Fold the folded circle in half again (photo on right).


Step 6 - Take a pin and stick it through the bottom of the folded up circle, and stick it into your foam heart.

Step 7 - Repeat steps 3 - 6 until the whole foam heart is full.  It should look like the photos shown below...


When you're done, your heart will look like this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment