Wednesday, June 19, 2013

4th of July Wreath

Those of you who know me, know that I LOVE the 4th of July.
It's by far one of my favorite holidays next to Halloween, and Christmas of course.

I've been searching Pinterest for some fun decoration ideas that I can make, and put into my house.
I stumbled upon a cute wreath that seemed pretty simple, and pretty cheap to make,
so I hit up Hobby Lobby on my way home from work to get the need supplies!  

I was so excited to start this adorable wreath, that I totally forgot to take step by step
pictures of what I was doing to like planned, to then post on the blog.
Forgive me!  I did snap a few though...

What you need :

- A straw wreath (keep the plastic on to make it a clean project)
- Red, white, and blue ribbon
- Wooden stars
- White paint
- straight pins
- glue

Steps


1. Paint the stars with the white paint and let dry.
2.  Wrap the red and white ribbon around half of the wreath.  Use straight pins to pin a few sections
(on the back side of the wreath) along the way just to keep the ribbon in place.
3.  Use super glue to attach the stars to your wreath.


(I had to tie a ribbon around the wreath to hand it from my door hanger because the wreath was too thick to hang directly on it.  So that's an option for you too!)

You're done!  Hang it on your door, or in your house and enjoy your 4th of July pride like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment