Wednesday, July 3, 2013

baby update # 7 : 24 weeks

Prego Highlights


How far along : 24 weeks and 0 days

Size of baby : a CANTALOUPE!  Hello...baby's getting huge

What's developing this week :  his brain continues to grow along with his taste buds.  His lungs are developing "branches", and he weighs about 1 1/3 pounds!!

Wedding ring on or off? : On (and still fitting loosely except for when I'm bloated and hot)

Belly button in or out? : In, but I can tell it's slowly changing to an outie.

Maternity clothes? :  Yes, and they are amazing!!  I finally had to go and buy some shorts because as amazing as skirts are, I needed to have something else besides jeans to wear.  They are a life saver and I can't believe I didn't buy them earlier.  So comfy, and keeps me nice and cool.

Cravings / Aversions :  Everything!!  Well, ok not everything.  But more than before.  I'm eating hamburgers again, and man they are good.  Lately though I've been craving more fruits and veggies, which is good!  Salty is still delicious, but I'm starting to not like it in large doses.  The fresh corn on the cob though...oh man.  SO GOOD!!  I'm loving summer and all this fresh, yummy produce.

Symptoms :  Still having a touch of heartburn here and there, but nothing too bad like before.  I have a feeling this is not the end of it though.  I'm starting to get super hot especially at night.  I can tell that my body is 10 degrees warmer than normal.  My ankles and hands are swelling lots with these HOT summer days.  I'm drinking lots of water to keep cool, and to help with the swelling, but I hope it won't be that bad towards the end...then again, anything can happen!

Something weird that I've had this past week is I've gotten light headed, and even a bit of morning sickness here and there.  I've read it's because of the extra blood flow going to the baby, so it leaves me feeling light headed and with low blood sugar.  I've learned to eat something quick when I feel this coming on!

Prego Funnies :  I'm starting to feel large, and not in charge!  I tend to feel like I have a large inter tube around my stomach.  My belly is growing larger and larger and I'm constantly learning how to cope with it.  It's been amazing though to feel my little boy moving more and more every day.

Things I Miss :  I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and thought I would add it to the mix of prego things.  I miss being able to bend over while sitting down, and not having it hurt.  I miss sleeping on my back.  I miss not getting fatty grandma ankles with any sign of heat, or being on my feet for too long.

Special Moments :  Chris and I made some major progress on the nursery.  It's looking so good, and I'm so excited for it to be completed!  Pictures of the nursery to come in a later post :)  We also had our first baby shower and got spoiled with TONS of goodies.  Another shower is to come this week.  I'll post on both when they've happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment