Saturday, October 4, 2014

General Conference


Are you watching Conference today??  If you're in Utah -- you're lucky to be able to do it from the comforts of your own homes ;) -- or if you have the BYU channel, or a way to hook up your computer then you're set to watch it from home as well.

General Conference (GC) is my favorite time of year.  Lucky for me (and other LDS people out there that like it), it happens twice a year -- both in April, and October!  But for some reason I love the session at this time of the year.  Maybe it's because it's fall, and I love being snuggled up in blankets on the couch?  Who knows!

Through the years I've had this grand plan to make GC a big "party", if you will, for my family.  I've always wanted to make a big yummy breakfast, lunch and dinner that we can enjoy.  Well each time the sessions have come, I always have gotten busy, and would forget!  Chris did make us a yummy breakfast last October's conference though seeing that I had a big beach balloon attached to my front side...but this year I have a yummy breakfast all planned!

Another reason why I love GC is because it's a time for me to reflect on the things that I need to improve on not only as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but also as a wife, and now as a Mother.  I always leave each session feeling geared up to become a better person.

If you have any other questions on what GC is, visit this link - LDS General Conference

Happy Conference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment