How many of you still have leftover Halloween candy sitting in a bowl on your counter? I do for sure. I was trying to think of ways to prevent myself (and my husband) from eating that whole bowl, and I was able to think of a list of ideas.
Here are 5 things that you can do with your leftover Halloween candy:
1. Take all leftover candy to the office - This one is by far the easiest, and quickest way to get ride of that "
unwanted" candy in the house. Out of sight, out of mind, right!
2. Use for prizes (or bribes) for your kids - Candy can sometimes be just what you need to get your children to do what you've asked of them. Simply reward your children with a yummy chocolaty treat. Make sure you hide it though so they can't get into it!
Another idea on this one is if you're a teacher, or you are giving a lesson, you can hand out the candy as rewards for answering a question.
3. Donate to your local charity - This is one you'll have to look into based on what area you live in, but this is yet another simple solution to getting that candy out of your house.
4. Crush it up and use it as a topping for your desserts - This solution doesn't get rid of it completely, but it is a yummy option for you to try! Make yourself a homemade blizzard, or simply top your bowl of ice cream with it!
5. Freeze and save for next year - If you're on a tight budget, or don't want to spend a lot of money on candy, take all leftover candy and stash it in your freezer until next Halloween when the little goblins come knocking on your door!