Thursday, August 25, 2011

outdoorsy-ness

Oh man, it has been forever since I've blogged! I'm such a slacker!!
No, I've just been incredibly busy and haven't had time to blog. I have lots
to share now though. So get ready for lots of posts and lots of pictures!

About two weeks ago, Chris and I decided to plan a day of hiking
and fishing since school was soon to start and we hadn't really done any of
that this summer. We got up on Saturday morning and drove to Big Cottonwood Canyon
to hike Donut Falls. What a beautiful hike! Oh man we loved it.

It was a really easy hike too, which was nice for how hot it was that day, but
it also showed Chris and I haw out of shape we both were! Haha.

I made some lunch for us and we found a pretty spot to stop at that overlooked the
falls. Here are some pictures from that day:



Chris found a sweet log chair

We made it to the falls!


our little lunch spot



So after we hiked back to our car, we decided to go and fish in the Bell Canyon Reservoir.
 Oh my heck. That was a hike that we were NOT in shape for. At least I wasn't.
I thought I was going to die. It was a path of stairs that went straight up. Plus it was in the high
90's and no clouds. BUT needless to say I was excited to get to the reservoir to fish.

Once we got the reservoir, we wanted to find a good spot. Along the way to finding that
great spot we got stuck in some pretty sloshy mud. Basically, I gave up trying to keep my white
shoes white.... 

Me rinsing the caked on mud off my shoes in a stream

Me fishing

The path that we hiked (it looks like a piece of cake in this picture...
don't let it fool you though!)

Overall it was a great day! We were so tired and wanted some yummy food, 
so we stopped and got some Chipotle. Food never tasted so good! 
It was a pretty good Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment