Sunday, June 30, 2013

baby update #6 : 22/23 weeks

Prego Highlights


How far along : 22/23 weeks and too many days past...

Size of baby : a papaya, and has reached the 1 pound mark (so I'm told...)

What's developing this week :  His sense of touch, his grip

Wedding ring on or off? : On (and still fitting loosely)

Belly button in or out? : In

Maternity clothes? : I've got one pair of jeans that still fit, but it's almost too hot for me to wear them, so I've been in tons of maxi skirts.  My shorts won't fit me...gotta go and get some maternity ones now!  

My shirts are also starting to get to be a little too short for me to wear over my belly.  I'm reaching the stage where I don't want to stretch out my normal shirts.  I'm hitting that stage where it's time to get maternity clothes!
Cravings / Aversions :  I had the biggest craving for a hamburger this past weekend, so naturally I had Chris stop and get me one from McDonald's.  I know, I know...if I was going to get a burger it should be a really good one.  That's the one I was craving though, and boy was it good!!

I've been eating more sugar these days too, which isn't the best thing.  I've been only allowing myself a little bit here and there, so it doesn't get out of hand!  

Symptoms : sciatic nerve has subsided a bit, but it's still present here and there.  I need to be better at doing my stretches.  My heartburn hasn't been very bad lately at all, which is a nice break.  

I've been able to feel our baby boy more and more each week, and it's been such a cool thing to experience.  I can't wait until it's stronger - even though I hear that soon he will drive me crazy because he won't stop kicking me!

Prego Funnies : This past weekend I had my first case of fatty, swollen ankles!  I had been on my feet all day, and then I went and sat in a movie, and as we were walking to the car I looked down and noticed that my ankles were huge!  I couldn't stop laughing at myself.  I guess it was bound to happen, right?  Especially with the temperature climbing each day!

Special Moments :  Chris and I have been working on the nursery.  It's been a process, but a special one at that.  Watching our old office transform into our baby boy's nursery is such an exciting thing!  So far we've painted the nursery walls, put together our crib, and laid out our rug.  We've got a lot more to do, but it's coming together ,and looks really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment