Thursday, July 25, 2013

baby update #8 : 26 weeks

Prego Highlights


How far along : 26 weeks and ... days (ok so I'm really 27 weeks now.  my b.)

Size of baby : a head of lettuce

What's developing this week :  His hearing is more sensitive than before.  He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs, and he's continuing to put on some cute baby fat, which makes him weigh about 1 2/3 pounds right now, and measures 14 inches from head to toe.  It's amazing that something that big is fitting inside of my stomach right now.

Wedding ring on or off? : On (and still fitting loosely except for when I'm bloated and hot)

Belly button in or out? : In, but I can tell it's slowly changing to an outie.


Maternity clothes? :  Yes.  Just my shorts, swim suit, and a few tops.  Definitely getting too big for my normal clothes.  Some things I can still wear, but I don't want to ruin them.

Cravings / Aversions :  Everything!!  Food is delicious to me again, and I am constantly having to eat.  Lately I've been having to eat a bowl of cereal or something before I go to bed because I'm waking up way early feeling super hungry, and it's not an awesome feeling to have when I don't want to get out of bed yet!  But I still have my reservations about a few things, just because I loved them so much before pregnancy that I don't want to ruin it!  My latest thing though is BLT's.  I can't get enough of them!

Symptoms :  Still having a touch of heartburn here and there, but nothing too bad like before.  Being super HOT and feeling bloated...blahh.  Back aches for sure have kicked in big time.  I've found that I get about one good night's sleep to every two bad nights.  Lame-o.  It's ok though because I can feel our baby boy kicking me as I adjust, and it makes the crappy night's sleep worth it.

I can tell my eyesight has decreased...There are times that I feel extremely blind!  I may need to go and have them checked?  I've also been feeling the round ligament pains more now, which aren't super fun, but oh well!

Prego Funnies :  Now that I'm getting bigger, I am having a hard time getting out of things (i.e. our bean bag chair, my seat in the car, etc.), so Chris is having to lift me out a lot, which is awesome, but it also makes me a little sad that I am starting to need assistance for things.  I was determined I wasn't going to get to that point in my pregnancy, but it looks like that's not an option. Ha!

Things I Miss :  Still sleeping on my back.  That's a big one.  I also miss being able to see my toes, fitting into my normal clothes, not feeling full ALL. THE. TIME., and seeing my normal weight on the scale.  This past week I had my doctor's appointment and I've officially hit my heaviest I've ever been...wa wa.  That was a hard thing to see, and to know that it's only going to increase as this baby keeps growing!  It's a scary thing...

Special Moments :  Now that I'm getting bigger and bigger, I've been able to feel our baby boy more and more, and it's such a cool feeling.  There's times that he will kick me in the bladder, which doesn't feel super awesome, but I still love every second of it.  It just reminds me more and more how real this is, and how in just a few short months we are going to have a little baby join our family!  I can't wait to see Chris with our little guy.  I know he's going to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment