Saturday, August 10, 2013

baby update #9: 28 weeks

Prego Highlights


How far along : 28 weeks and a few days...once again!

Size of baby : an eggplant

What's developing this week :  Baby McNulty's lungs are continuing to develop.  He's adding layers of fat to his body, and weighs between 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 pounds.  Whoop!  He's getting big.

Wedding ring on or off? : On (and still fitting loosely except for when I'm bloated and hot)

Belly button in or out? : In, but I can tell it's slowly changing to an outie.


Maternity clothes? :  Still rocking the maternity shorts.  I can't live without them during this hot summer.  Those, and my knit skirts.  Heaven!

Cravings / Aversions :  Fruit, especially peaches!  I try to have some at every meal as I can.  I still am loving BLT's, and Chinese food (specifically Fong's for those of you that know this place in Draper).  Cereal, and movie theater popcorn have also been something I still crave, and are must haves.  Something I've been noticing is how quickly and drastically your cravings can change within a day, or week's time.   

Symptoms :  Achy back still here and there.  The past few nights I've been able to get some pretty good sleep, and have been relatively comfortable.  Thirsty all the time.  Water is my best friend.  Tired.  I've found that I have needed to take some naps here and there to get me through the day.  Heartburn as usual as well.

Something else that's been happening lately is I'll get these crazy dizzy spells.  Usually it's in the morning after I've eaten breakfast.  It gets to a point where I have to stop what I'm doing and lay down for a bit.  I've talked to my OB about it and she thinks I might have low blood sugar in the mornings, and that's why I'm having these spells.  I did my glucose test this past week, so hopefully everything checks out ok...that would not be a fun thing to add to my pregnancy.

Prego Funnies :  I've become obsessive with my body pillow.  It's what helps me get through the night comfortably as possible.  One night Chris got into bed before me while I was brushing my teeth.  When I came into our room I saw that he was cuddling with it and had fallen asleep.  I yanked it from his grip (nicely might I add), and told him it was my pillow.  Haha.  He just laughed at me.  Don't judge this prego lady for being obsessed with the one thing that gets her to sleep at night!

Things I Miss :  Still sleeping on my back.  Not having heartburn daily.  Fitting into my old clothes, and being able to breath normally after climbing a flight of stairs, or walking a few feet.  Haha.

Special Moments :  Spending time with my husband has been on my mind the past few days.  I get kind of sad to think that our days are numbered being just "us".  I realize that when kids come into the picture things change, and we are so excited for this little guy to join us.  We talk about him all the time, but something that I know I'm going to miss is it being just the two of us.  I know that our lives will be incredibly blessed though with this little peanut, and we won't regret a minute of it.  I have a determination now in the 80 or so days left before this baby comes to spend more time with my wonderful hubby, and soak in every "us" time I can get!

1 comment: