Over the past month or so, I've had some of my good friends who are having babies ask me what my favorite things have been in the first month of having Parker. I have been thinking about all these items for a few weeks before I created this post to make sure that they were items that I really truly needed, and loved. Here's my list of the 11 favorite things that I've loved over the last month (almost two...can you believe it?!)
1. Short and Long Sleeved White Onesies. These have been my favorite, and I can't seem to have enough of them! Parker goes through these like no other, and I find myself still not feeling like I have enough (especially of the short sleeved ones). I like the long sleeved ones though with the cuffs to cover their hands so they don't scratch their faces.
2. Graco Duet Connect Swing and Bouncer. We love this swing and bouncer set and so does Parker. We will set him down in it, and it rocks him to sleep. This helps me get some things around the house done, or even allows me to shower. It's got different speed settings, and even plays music and white noise sounds.
3. Swaddle Sleep Sacks. I don't think I could've lived without this item. Parker had the hardest time sleeping in his bassinet at night in the beginning until I put him in one of these. The one I use I actually got from a baby shower, and it's lined with fleece. I wrap Parker up in this at night and he drifts right off. It's a life saver!
4. Aden + Anais Swaddlers. These are great too. I love wrapping Parker up in them at night. He now likes these soft fleece blankets that we have for him. You'll notice that your baby will respond differently to the various blankets you have. Some he'll like, but others he won't like.
5. Chicco Travel System. I LOVE my travel system. The car seat fits great in the back of our car. It's lightweight and easy to use. The stroller is also really easy to use, and both pieces are easy to clean. I would highly recommend this to anyone!
6. Mittens. These are great in preventing Parker from scratching his face. If I have him in an outfit that doesn't have cuffs on the ends of the sleeves, I throw some of these on him. They are especially nice to have during the colder days.
7. Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag. I know this bag is a bit pricey, but it is worth every penny. I had countless people who didn't own one at first tell me not to buy a cheap bag because they just get destroyed. This bag is made to last spills, and a beating. It's built really well, and I know it will last. This is one of my favorite baby items by far.
8. Nuk Nursing Pads. In the beginning your boobs are a full, leaky mess (if you're breastfeeding), and you'll find yourself leaking all the time. These pads were my favorite. I felt the soaked up my milk the best,and were comfortable to wear even at night to bed.
9. Gilligan & O'Malley Nursing Tanks. These are another must have item! I couldn't stand wearing a nursing bra with the underwire during the first few months. These were amazing to wear all the time, and so easy to use when needing to nurse, or pump. I have a few in a couple different colors, and still love wearing them.
10. Soothies. This is the binkie that Parker likes. I've tried to get him on all the other kinds that we have, but he won't take any so far. Luckily if you lose the ones from the hospital, and you have a baby like mine that's attached to them, you can get these at Target.
11. Wipe Warmer. This is another thing that I have loved having for Parker. With all the time that you have to change a baby's diaper, the least we can do is give them is wiping their bum with a warm wipe :) I have noticed that it makes it a little more enjoyable for Parker.